It’s been a busy year so far at the badger studio which has left me a bit quiet on here and social media so I thought it was about time that I posted an update about everything that’s going on right now!
What’s currently going on with Silly Badger Designs?
My Etsy shop is currently closed whilst I am busy catching up on custom work, I have a bit of a fun list including logos, detailed portrait illustrations and a book! Yes, a book that I’ve been keeping quiet about as I was unsure whether the customer would appreciate me sharing about it but I will just keep it vague. All I will say is that it’s a lot more work than I was originally expecting!
My Etsy shop is also closed whilst I’m getting the Autumn/winter designs finalised, products made and getting my new shop ready to launch!
Thanks to my partner who has actually spent a good part of today working hard to help me get my Shopify shop ready, I am now planning on launching the new shop later this month so keep an eye out for more information on that soon! I’m hoping to open it with some discounts (for newsletter subscribers) and fun freebies!
Along with all of this I’ve been getting on top of my admin, I actually did my tax return early this year! and I’ve been creating new fabric designs that are now available in my Spoonflower shop.
What’s coming soon to Silly Badger Designs?
- Well as previously mentioned I will be launching my Shopify shop later this month and reopening my Etsy shop. There will be new items available in both shops including some of my new autumn designs and products.
- I’m currently working hard to get the new designs and products made. I’m very excited because I’m getting some products printed and I love receiving them in the post. It’s so amazing seeing your own designs printed.
- I’m also working on some craft kits and will hopefully be able to offer both digital and physical versions of these.
- Full Autumn/Winter and Christmas updates will be going live in the shops and I will be opening a limited amount of places for Christmas custom work. More on this in a later post.
- I will be updating my print on demand shops including my fabrics and Redbubble shops.
- I will hopefully be adding some digital products to my shops and adding some craft kits! Again more on this in a later post.
- This month will mostly involve me getting orders packed and sent along with completing custom work for the festive period.
- I will be ending international delivery mid to late November on my Etsy shop as I just don’t trust the postal systems this year and I don’t want any of my customers to be disappointed with their delivery/orders.
- This is the month where things start to calm down a bit and I get ready to take my Christmas break. I’m not 100% decided on when the shops will be closing but I will let everyone know closer to the time.
It’s definitely a lot of work right now and I do feel like I’m running around all the time but it’s going to be worth it. All of my new ideas are giving me back my passion and motivation for my business and it feels great to have that back again.
So for now I shall continue to be busy working behind the scenes and getting these new goodies ready to go! Maybe I’ll even manage to find the time to share my work in progress with you!
I hope you’ve all had a lovely summer and are looking forward to the new season, here’s a recent work in progress sketch so that I actually share some artwork and not just words today!
Silly Badger Designs